Wednesday, June 19, 2019

BREAD, CHEESE, AND TOMATOES by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

I have no special demands.
I am contented with simple things.
My hunger is satisfied more
and more with less and less.

I have no special orders.
There is bread and there is cheese.
This will fill my hunger today.
I do not need much more.

I do not shout out at
the top of my lungs. I know
what I want.  Keep it simple.
I’ll have it no other way.

We could eat at home. There
are tomatoes in the garden.
I could go for that.  Could you
go for that as well now?

I’ll take anything you
give me to eat. Let’s not add
on anything more. Just don’t
forget the glass beer and water.





Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health 
field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy,
Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...