Monday, October 28, 2019

No Score. By Tony Pena



No more do I dance
the Tinder shuffle.
Been Charlie Brown
at Lucy’s mercy
missing the football
far too many times.
I try to kill the urge
by devouring those last
three dogs blistering in
a slow roll at the seven
eleven till I nightcap
with whatever’s cold
and recognizable on tap
at the nearest old timer
watering hole where
I make the swill mix
to jukebox B sides
as the humming
neon of the night
lulls lust to a draw .





Tony Pena was selected as 2017-2018 Poet Laureate for the city of Beacon, New York.  
A new volume of poetry and flash fiction, "Blood and Beats and Rock n Roll," is available now at Amazon.  He also has a self published chapbook, "Opening night in Gehenna."  His publication credits include “Chronogram,”  "Dogzplot,"   "Gutter Eloquence," “Hudson Valley Transmitter,” "Red Fez," "Slipstream,"  "Underground Voices," "Zygote in my Coffee,"  and others. 

Colorful compositions and caterwauling with a couple of chords can be seen at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...