Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Spirits in the Moonshine by T. J. Herrin

Water of life, trickling down my throat welcoming me to a peaceful place
where I no longer feel that world of death, or fear, or sting
whisking my body washing, consoling, embracing me with firewater that
wanders my depths, heating my veins wholeheartedly consuming my
watered down dreams; wishing, trembling I call for more.

Warm shots in a glass whimsically, whisper to me, oh!
whisky, my love, carry me away we dance through the haze of
white-lightening breeze, enchanting my mind with silky ease
when you are inside we can be anything.





I am a writer living in San Antonio Texas. I am earning my BA in English with a concentration in creative writing from The University of Texas at San Antonio. 
I write poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. I love whiskey, dogs, and long peaceful walks. In between, I look over my many children and try to pass on the love of words. 
T. J. Herrin









2 comments:

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...