Thursday, January 16, 2020

I'm Not the Only Lush by Terrence Sykes

(A new rendition  --forgive me Herman's Hermits & Carpenters

I'm not the only Lush all over the world tonight
All over the world people just like us are falling over drunk
If you know what I mean
It's not just the two of us
It's everyone in sight
All over the world people just like us
Are falling over drunk

So listen very carefully
Get closer now before I have to pee
And I hope we will see
This isn't a dream
That the only sound you will hear
Is when I whisper in your ear
-I want another beer -
I want this buzz to last forever & ever

((to late to REFRAIN so let's sing it again))

We not the only lushes all over the world tonight
All over the world people just like us are falling over drunk
Yeah they are falling over drunk
L....u   ...s.....hhhhhhhhhhhh





Terrence Sykes is a GASP Gay Alcoholic Southern Poet & was born and raised in the rural coal mining area of Virginia.  Although he is a far better cook &  gardener – his  poetry - photography - flash fiction has been published in India, Mauritius,Scotland, Spain and the USA. ..Other interests include heirloom vegetable research & foraging wild edibles .


No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...