Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Purpose of the Little Garage by Bill Gainer

Been building a
little garage
in the back.

Actually
it’s a little room
with a big door
a window
and a little
door
that open
to the world.

I wish to sit there
someday
sip my bourbon
enjoy the rocks
out front
the movement of time
and the quiet.

Not silence.
Silence is scary
but the quiet –

The quiet
is when time
holds you
peacefully
in its hand
extends its thumb
to set your glass on.

The birds, bugs
and other things
sometimes
nothing
stop by
in a whisper
wish you well
and leave




Bill Gainer is a storyteller, a humorist, an award winning poet, and a maker of mysterious things. He earned his BA from St. Mary’s College and his MPA from the University of San Francisco. He is the publisher of the PEN Award winning R. L. Crow Publications and is the ongoing host of Red Alice’s Poetry Emporium (Sacramento, CA). Gainer is internationally published and known across the country for giving legendary fun filled performances. His latest book is The Mysterious Book of old Man Poems. Visit him in his books, at his personal appearances, or at his website: billgainer.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...