Monday, September 14, 2020

The Barriers that Make Our Minds Feeble by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

Feeble minded, I allow
the walls to close in
on me, as if my blood 
was a sacrifice created
by my own fear. Giving 
up should not be easy 
when there is fight in
everyone of our hearts,
my own included. The
barriers that make our
minds feeble must be
pushed to the side. We
cannot let the walls close
in all around us. We must
climb, go through them
with courage and strength.




Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy, Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...