Sunday, January 10, 2021

Make Me Feel Something by Lisa Reynolds

I tell him I want more 

not too much

just enough to make me feel something

like this crazy world we’re living in is worth the effort

you know – 

and he nods like he understands

but I don’t think he does

cuz his hand shakes when he pours

just pours -

mouth closed with a tight knit smile that says

this will make you feel something even if I don’t.






Lisa Reynolds is a writer of poetry and short stories, known for her reflective writing style. She is published in numerous online and print publications. She lives in a small community east of Toronto, Ontario.

3 comments:

  1. Love the poem Lisa. Quite cryptic - easy to identify with this poet in a world of relationships that don’t quite connect together, as we stumble along trying to anticipate each other’s emotions. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy. I appreciate you reading my poem and commenting.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...