Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Yea, Yea by Dan Provost

Never was I diagnosed with anything, just
another dreary malcontent who drank away his
rent money.
 
I catapulted misery into a shot glass.
 
Raised my eyebrows for more whiskey.
 
My northern Rhode Island accent never noticed…
 
I barely had to say a word as the bluesy Allman Brothers
score played in front, behind and on both sides of
gutter neutrality.





Dan Provost's poetry has been published throughout the small press for a number of years.  Some recent publications include: Ariel Chart, Poetical Review, Merak Magazine, Oddball Magazine, Deuce Coupe, Misfit Magazine, the Rye Whiskey Review, Cajun Mutt Press and the Dope Fiend Daily.  He has two books coming out in 2020.  Under the Influence of Nothingness by Kung Fu Treachery Press and Rattle of a Realizer, published by Whiskey City Press.  He lives in Berlin, New Hampshire with his wife Laura and dog Bella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Orange Sun By Trish Saunders

It rained all day long, the date of that last eclipse   and I didn’t bother to get dressed all day, until the sky turned dark and a faint tr...