Tuesday, April 6, 2021

And Then He Says Something That Usually Helps by Kevin M. Hibshman

He tells me that I am successful.
That I wouldn't be happier if I were rich, not fretting over useless things
I don't already have.
He says people like us down through history have always been laughed at and 
shut out because we are relevant.
We strive to bring about change.
We are feared instead of celebrated during our troubled lifetimes but are often
remembered as the sacrificial lambs we were.
I then feel better about being valued by only a few true hearts.




Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide. In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...