Tuesday, April 27, 2021

She Becomes Infinity by Linnet Phoenix

after reading ‘Heavy’ by Tanya Rakh

As I picked the poem up
it was a momentary shock
my mind dipped
at a surprise feel of its weight.

My brain adjusted
to compensate for this heavy.
This plumbum poetry
caught me out like that day-

I picked up an off-cut of sheet
lead, left behind by roofers.
Its dull grey patina camouflaged
the liquid silver density.

I cut the poem open
its hint of blue silver shone.
Atomic number 82
I knew this pure element.

The poem squirmed to touch,
she was a bossed lead octopus.
I held hands with her eight legs
in our Cephalopod greeting.

Between my fingers the colour
eight, prostrate became infinity.




Linnet Phoenix is a poet who currently resides in North Somerset, England. She has been writing poetry for years. Her work has previously been published in Heroin Love Songs, Punk Noir Magazine, ImpSpired Magazine and others. With poems in the upcoming Spring 2021 edition of Poetica Review. She also enjoys horse-riding in rainstorms.

1 comment:

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...