Saturday, June 5, 2021

Dear Maura: (for Maura O' Connor, poet.) by Kevin M. Hibshman

Sweet downed hummingbird.
I wonder where you are now in a country gone mad.
Did you give up poetry to become an office girl?
Perhaps you said what you needed to say and it is better to forget?
Your poems scared me to death when I first read them.
I was alright then, able to don the mask of a survivor.
Things have changed.
Every day is a battle for sanity I'm not sure I'll win.
My days are a blur.
My nights, a gasp.
I'm writing this to you because I know you'd understand.




Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide.
 In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011).


1 comment:

  1. I've got to look into Maura O'connor.
    ...down the rabbit hole I go!!!
    Thanks for the invitation! See you soon?

    ReplyDelete

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...