Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Shame On Me By Matt Amott


Reading some poems 
at a show
where the theme is
love and loss.
I read tales
of former lovers,
the moment it ended
and the
excruciating pain
of heartbreak

When I'm done
a woman approaches
and says she likes
my writing.
I wonder
if my poems
really speak to her,
or just give her
new ideas on how to
crush someone's heart?

I guess 
I'll find out later 
as I accept
her invitation
for drinks.






Matt Amott is a poet, musician and photographer who rambles around the Pacific Northwest. He is co-founder and co-editor of Six Ft. Swells Press and has been published in numerous collections as well as three books of his own, THE COAST IS CLEAR (Six Ft. Swells Press), GET WELL SOON and THE MEMORY OF HER (both by Epic Rites Press).  He can be reached at sixftswells@yahoo.com and purchases can be made at Amazon and www.sixftswellspress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...