Saturday, September 18, 2021

EZRA by David Painter

Ezra Pound sat with pen in hand, 
and a half consumed bottle of gin, it is his only friend

Smoke curled up through his hair 
from the cigarette ash 
poked in his cheek. 

He writes his entire life story 
chiselling it in black ink
‘Here read this.” he says 
pushing it toward me. 

It will take a life time to read
Perhaps two. 

’Then read quickly he says.”




I am a Northeast Ohio poet and photographer. My aim is to capture your attention through the written expression .I was born in Charleston, W.Va. but now call Cleveland home I am a member of many poetry groups as well as Photography Clubs.  Author of poems, Thoughts along the way available on Amazon 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Magic Woman By Alexis Child

I carve a voodoo doll out of wax Hold a lighter to its chest It's hot, hot, hot She's lost her heart Her lovely head And beautiful l...