Saturday, October 2, 2021

A cold one by Jake St. John & Jenn Knickerbocker

 A granite sky
holds back
sun, I smile
open a beer
 
take a long 
swig of knowledge 
knowing that nature 
calls the signals
and I am a spectator
taking delight in 
my lack of control
 
becoming the wind
and carrying dreams
in a knapsack
opening my arms
and my eyes
to the infinite 
possibilities
life has to offer
 
but until then
I’ll sit here 
drink my beer
and smile
as the persistent
dismal day
keeps me company




Jake St. John spends his nights in a cabin on the edge of the woods. He is the author of several collections of poetry including Night Full of Diamonds (Whiskey City Press, 2021), Snow Moon (Holy & Intoxicated Publications, 2019) and Lost City Highway (A Jabber Publication, 2019). His poems have appeared in print and online journals around the world. 



Jenn Knickerbocker is a writer, a mother, and a teacher. You can find her on a forest path or sitting fireside during her free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...