Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Unusual Fails by Rp Verlaine

Pretending to play 
the guitar on my bed 
to get her in it, 
 
She's the kind who looks 
as if being looked at 
is all she has planned. 
 
Her lipstick on my neck 
looking like blood 
to passengers on train. 
 
She asks to visit 
further violence in 
her bed and mine. 
 
Until time reveals 
there's little between us 
other than that. 
 
And lies she conjures 
tainting the truth till 
that too sickens me. 
 
Into a shallow grave  
we shovel our dirt 
with final goodbyes. 
 
A mistake I regret 
nostalgic over a past 
she declines to visit. 
 
Each time I think 

I can move to the light 

her shadow swallows me. 





Rp Verlaine, a retired English teacher living in New York City, has an MFA in creative writing from City College. He has several collections of poetry including Femme Fatales Movie Starlets & Rockers (2018) and Lies From The Autobiography 1-3 (2018-2020).



No comments:

Post a Comment

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...