Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dancing With a Cannibal by Catfish McDaris

First time a guy asked me to dance felt weird, I replied no thanks and my drinking pals got a good laugh 
  
Where I grew up you only danced with the opposite sex, but not in my new local, I liked to see the ladies 
shaking it together 
  
Following a poetry reading and some decent sales, a strange blonde man with a hypnotic 
stare asked several questions 
  
He wanted to blow a joint  
and drink some top shelf, Big Frank had my back, he stopped me from chugging a tequila sunrise 
  
A few days later we saw the same guy wearing chains and dancing with a mob of cops. 




Catfish McDaris is a 30-year small press and 3-year Army artillery veteran, from Albuquerque and Milwaukee. He works in a wig store in a dangerous neighborhood. Second day on the job, a lady dropped her purse and a loaded 357 rolled out on the floor, pointed at him. He was nominated for a 2021 Pulitzer but didn’t make the final cut. I hope we connect, amigo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...