Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Hope by Jake St. John & Jenn Knickerbocker

The fire burns
my thoughts
reducing me
to ash

a rush of air
sends cinders 
wild as my mind 
tends to be 
these days

but here I sit
boots in dirt
head in hands
alone and forgotten

the single tear drop
making its way
down my cheek
carves the path
of debris
as I hope
for the same clarity
to reach my mind 
and ease my eyes

the agony 
is suffocating
I take a swig
swallowing the pain
for tonight, I relinquish
myself to the flames.




Jake St. John spends his nights in a cabin on the edge of the woods. He is the author of several collections of poetry including Night Full of Diamonds (Whiskey City Press, 2021), Snow Moon (Holy & Intoxicated Publications, 2019) and Lost City Highway (A Jabber Publication, 2019). His poems have appeared in print and online journals around the world. 




Jenn Knickerbocker is a writer, a mother, and a teacher. You can find her on a forest path or sitting fireside during her free time.



1 comment:

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...