Saturday, January 15, 2022

Oversaturation by Aimee Nicole

I pen piles of erotic poems on napkins 
smeared with dark chocolate. 
How else should I expunge this oversaturated
want for you sweating out of me filling the mattress with refuse. 
I purge my fantasies for others to ponder 
behind shades illuminating dancing silhouettes.
Your mind so traffic jammed with road raged 
nonsense you can’t see me broken down on the 
side of the road…flares vaulting through brilliant sky. 




Aimee Nicole is a chronically ill queer poet currently residing in Rhode Island. She holds a BFA in Creative Writing from Roger Williams University and has been published by the Red Booth Review, The Nonconformist, and Voice of Eve, among others. For fun, she enjoys attending roller derby bouts and trying desperately to win at drag bingo.


1 comment:

Shot by Susan Isla Tepper

I stopped reading your face  and addressing your silence.    Went to the woods and shot  wherever leaves moved. Down one path to the next le...