Sunday, April 3, 2022

Natural High by Ian Lewis Copestick

Well, this has
been a very
strange week.

On Saturday
afternoon, I
was lying in
the sunshine.

Drinking a
few beers,
enjoying the
sun on my face.

By Wednesday
it was snowing,
and on Thursday
too.

My moods have
somehow taken
after the weather.

At the weekend, I
was elated, excited.
Now I feel like I am
ready to jack it all in.

I feel tired, run down.
Even though I've been
sleeping better than I
have for a while.

I guess it just shows
you what a blue sky,
and a bit of sunshine
can do for you.

Better than any drug,
and it doesn't cost you
a penny, also there's no 
three day comedown.

A truly natural high. 



Ian Lewis Copestick is a 48 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Old Self By Dan Provost

What I wouldn’t give to have us sitting in a bar again at 9:00 AM—Telling lies to one another, far from God.   Dan Provost's poetry has ...