Monday, May 30, 2022

Going to Hell by Tony Pena

Saint Peter at the pearly
gates reads from a thick
leather bound book
featuring my failings
as a good man assuring
my descent so with nothing
to lose I offer my Tim Tebow
baseball and football cards.
Not a word from the man
Jesus named after a stone.
 
I throw my Hail Mary
offering a pair of mint
Playboys with Jessica Hahn
pics and good articles.
Apparently the rock ain’t got
any kind of sense of humor.
Merciless archangels grab
each arm like titty club
bouncers tossing the rowdy.
Goddamn it’s hot down here.



Tony Pena was selected as 2017-2018 Poet Laureate for the city of Beacon, New York. A new volume of poetry and flash fiction, "Blood and Beats and Rock n Roll," is available now at Amazon.  He also has a self published chapbook, "Opening night in Gehenna."  His publication credits include “Chronogram,”  "Dogzplot," "Gutter Eloquence," “Hudson Valley Transmitter,” "Red Fez," "Slipstream,"  "Underground Voices," "Zygote in my Coffee," and others. 

Colorful compositions and caterwauling with a couple of chords can be seen at:
Www.youtube.com/tonypenapoetry
Www.facebook.com/tonypenapoetry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...