Wednesday, October 5, 2022

That Particular Sunday Ennui by Kevin M. Hibshman

Another week gone by.
I move through the motions of a rote existence.

What is the sky trying to tell me?
I am frightened.
It seems to read loneliness.

I remember younger days.
There was always somebody around to laugh or cry with.
That was when time didn't feel like a threat.

My brother on an island.
My sister only miles away but I might as well be on Mars.

I picture Mom in her kitchen.
Dad asleep in his recliner.
My room as it once was.
The only haven I knew, stuffed with books and records.
I cannot listen to anything when this hits.
I need another cigarette.




Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide.
 In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011).

His current book Just Another Small Town Story from Whiskey City Press is currently available on Amazon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rudy Died By Daniel S. Irwin,

Rudy died and they're gonna close down the bar. Me and the boys don't have near enough dinero To buy it and keep it open.  As if we ...