Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Something Sweet By Renee Williams

That sugar and salty tang along the rim of my glass
is so much like life: the delights and the doldrums.
I come to you, oh, Margarita, to celebrate when life’s been good,
when joys abound, when happiness reigns supreme.
I also seek your solace when the world is turned upside down,
and I simply want to forget.
You are there for both, like a true mate, in sickness and in health,
and you never let me down.
Blood orange, raspberry, or lemon lime you rock my world,
one sip at a time. 

 

 
 
 Renee Williams is a retired English professor, who has written for Guitar Digest, Alien Buddha Press and Fevers of the Mind.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirited Away By Ken Gierke

No wet blanket, it kept her dry. Bottle or can, didn’t matter. Kept her warm. Inside. Where it matters. Until it didn’t let her forget what ...