Thursday, December 29, 2022

Dear Beer by Kim kjagain Moes

We need to talk.
It’s time we started seeing other spirits.
We’ve had some great years,
shared some amazing music and good friends.
But you just don’t support my desire
to have a healthier life.
I exercise my face off and it does me no good
because I reward myself by spending time with you.
You erase all the good work I’ve done.
Yes, you’ve cooled me down on a hot summer’s day
and warmed me up from the chills of winter.
But it’s over.
Your carb count is just too high for me. No amount of
running or aerobics or strength training can keep up.
I’m choosing others over you: water, unsweetened fruit juice,
maybe the occasional glass of wine, or crown & diet.
But we’re through.
Thank you for the laughs, the music, the warm hugs and cool refreshment.
Maybe sometime we’ll run into each other and we’ll say,
Hey, how have you been,
and move on.
Later, gator.
Just kidding.
Pour me another please Donny.

 



Kim kjagain Moes, of Vancouver Island, BC, has appeared in print and online magazines, in English and Spanish. She unravels everyday events finding inspiration to meet the words climbing out of her mind. On writing, she says, “Write the life we live, explore the lessons not yet learned, and then, eat catharsis for dinner.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...