Saturday, February 25, 2023

(UN)EXPECTED By Edward Lee


My greatest mistake,

among the many

I have made

was to try 

and understand your love

for me, instead of simply

drowning in it,

as one should do

when given a love

they believe

undeserved.


And now you are gone,

soon after your love for me

left you, what I believed

I deserved made cruelly true.






Edward Lee's poetry, short stories, non-fiction and photography have been published in magazines in Ireland, England and America, including The Stinging Fly, Skylight 47, Acumen, The Blue Nib and Poetry Wales.  His play ‘Wall’ received a rehearsed reading as part of Druid Theatre’s Druid Debuts 2020.

He also makes musical noise under the names Ayahuasca Collective, Orson Carroll, Lego Figures Fighting, and Pale Blond Boy.

His blog/website can be found at https://edwardmlee.wordpress.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...