Friday, April 28, 2023

I’VE SPENT A LIFE IN LUST By Bradford Middleton

As another Friday evening draws on in

I puff away in my room growing

Lonelier with every passing toke

With every passing moment.  This life,

Seemingly always better spent alone,

Does need company some of the time.

The love or just plain physical lust

A woman can bring is needed sometime

In at least this little life of mine.

Outside its Friday night lost in a

Sea of lust, a mass of gorgeous

Young flesh.  Women, who I’m

Certain could be young enough to be

A daughter of mine, don’t know

What they do to me, leaving me

Feeling more desperate now than

I’ve felt in the legion of nights, days

Months and years since I last lay

Down with someone else. 






Bradford Middleton, sadly, still lives in Brighton but last week he had a nervous breakdown, quit his job so who knows where he’ll be if you ever get to read these poems.  You can do 2 things to help; first, buy my book, out now from Alien Buddha Press, or two, contact me if you got a spare room or a million quid to spare.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...