Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Dear by Peter A. Witt

Took me two years of sad merlot nights
to launder the stain of our two glass marriage
from my file of grief, another two years
until a clear bottle of chablis didn't taste flat,
another two until I lost the craving for two inches
of sour whiskey when the sun washed faded clouds
with yellow dawn, one more until I dipped
my lusty tongue in the smooth of someone
else's sweet vermouth and cut into rags
my tee-shirt stained with long-ago merlot tears.





Peter A. Witt is a Texas Poet and a retired university professor. He also writes family history with a book about his aunt (Edith’s War) published by the Texas A&M Press. His poetry has been published on various sites including Verse-Virtual, Fleas on the Dog, Live Encounters, Inspired, The Rye Whiskey Review, Open Skies Quarterly, Active Muse, and New Verse News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...