Friday, May 26, 2023

Inebriated By Skaja Evens

I dated a guy for a year or so

He introduced me to pot

I liked what it did to my awareness

Like removing the filter from my decisions


After we split, I stopped

I never wanted to need it


I can thank my genes for that addictive nature


It comes to mind tonight

As I drink my way through several tiny bottles

And my body reacts much the same

Inhibitions completely gone








Skaja Evens is a writer and artist living in Southeast Virginia. She runs It Takes All Kinds, a litzine published by Mōtus Audāx Press. She’s been published in various places, including Spillwords Press, Medusa’s Kitchen, Ink Pantry, Off the Coast, Synchronized Chaos, and Blue Pepper. She can often be found listening to music, considering the impossible, and enjoying her cats’ antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...