Wednesday, December 27, 2023

I Claim This by Connie Johnson


You have a drink in your hand

And a mouth unkissed. You are

Moored to no one and no one

Claims you.

 

You’re the poison of sunblaze

And my skin is ignited

But I claim you.

 

I am my own remedy

A two/three finger reality

We are filtered with stars

We are immortal.

 

We roam; we smile faintly

When I kiss you, you’ll feel it

In this hurtled-thru landscape

Of scars and stars.





Connie Johnson is a Los Angeles, California-based writer whose  poetry has appeared or will be forthcoming in Iconoclast, Haight-Ashbury Literary Journal, Jerry Jazz Musician, San Pedro River Review, Cholla Needles 85, The Rye Whiskey Review, Shot Glass Journal, Voicemail Poems, Misfit Magazine, Mudfish 23, Exit 13, Glint Literary Journal,  and Door Is a Jar.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...