Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Rudy Died By Daniel S. Irwin,


Rudy died and they're gonna close down the bar.
Me and the boys don't have near enough dinero
To buy it and keep it open.  As if we really could.
It'd be a contest of who drank the most of our stock.
We been regular lushes hangin' out there forever.
That's where we got our first illegal underage drink.
We had the best fake IDs in town.  Rudy didn't care.
We had so many fun-filled nights no one can recall.
I beat Terry B's ass out behind the place.  Had it comin'.
Gun and knife hoedown dang near every weekend.
Dope smokers' haven with some local cops joinin' in.
Partied with some women.  Shot at by some husbands.
I proposed to my wife there.  Drunken bitch said 'yes'.
Later, I spent three days there celebrating the divorce.
Bill Bailley blew his brains out good in the parking lot.
I was glad I didn't loan him my car when he asked.
Just a lot of sweet memories there and now Rudy died.




Daniel S. Irwin, native of Southern Illinois (such as it is).  Artist, writer, actor, soldier, scholar, priest among other things.

Work published in over one hundred magazines and journals worldwide.  Has appeared in over one hundred films. 

Speaks fluent gibberish when loaded.  Not much into blowing his own horn as you are only as good as your latest endeavor.

Once turned to religion but Jesus just walked away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentimento By Andrea Moore Johnson

The anticipation created anxiety or perhaps the unknown resulted in fear the outcomes so uncertain immediate and unfolding long after I am n...