Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Life's Bar Tab By Wayne Russell


I found myself falling
through the cracks of
society at a very young
age, I was abused and
told that I would never
amount to anything, but
I proved the naysayers
wrong on one account,
I wasn’t stupid by any
means, a 130 IQ is not
Einstein by any means,
he had an IQ of 160, but
I’m proud of my mental
fire power. It took me so
many years too forgive
those that were both
mentally and physically
cruel to me, I may have
finally forgiven them, but
the scars will remain for
the duration of my life,
I ended up in self-medicating
with booze too numb all
the pain, too wash it into the
gutters of pub life, where all
the broken down old barflies
hang out and we scrub all our
scars and wounds down with
cheapest whiskey and rye
that the house has.      






Wayne Russell is a creative jack of all trades, master of none. Poet, rhythm guitar player, singer, artist, photographer, and author of the poetry books “Where Angels Fear” via Guerilla Genius Press, and the newly released “Splinter of the Moon” via Silver Bow Publishing, they are both available for purchase on Amazon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

DRIFTING UP By Roger Singer

while walking in the dark inhaling the aroma of night I threw a few words into the sky   a collection of dust particles vapors and thoughts ...