Thursday, May 2, 2024

Misinterpretated By April Ridge


The things heard in a loud bar

when the song changes…

a lull in the roar of sound,

voices that were drowned

in the loudness

now underlined by momentary silence:

…and that’s when I caught the house on fire, we had insurance anyway.

…that whore moved to Montana, she took my dog and my psychiatrist.

…then I shit myself.

…that bartender has a big ass.

…I heard this place is for sale on Craigslist.

…my dad’s best friend is Greg Allman’s roadie’s wife’s brother’s gardener, and we all ate at Chili’s.

…I found out she had a dick, but I was drunk.

…Ooohh! Let’s play something we can DANCE to!

…and that’s the meaning of love in a nutshell.

…I love you, what’s your name?






April Ridge lives in the expansive hopes and dreams of melancholy rescue cats. She thrives on strong coffee, and lives for danger. In the midst of Indiana pines, she follows her heart out to the horizon of reality and hopes never to return to the misty sands of the nightmarish 9 to 5. April aspires to beat seasonal depression with a well-carved stick, and to one day experience the splendor of the Cucumber Magnolia tree in bloom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Patron Saint of Queen Street Grill, Honolulu By Trish Saunders

There was no need to duck your head when we saw you waiting tables   at the local shrimp grill,   your wages so meager  they might feed bird...