Monday, July 29, 2024

Soup By Wayne F. Burke


I bought a newspaper and
read it while sitting on a park bench
and afterward, I went back to my a.p.t.
and washed the dishes then
vacuumed the rug;
got a call from a telemarketer I did not answer
then took a bath, then
shaved...Cooked and ate a bowl of
tomato soup, with crackers, and as
I ate
remembered
that
yesterday, around 10 a.m.
his girlfriend said
Larry died.






Wayne F. Burke's poetry and prose has been widely published in print and online (including in THE RYE WHISKEY REVIEW). He was nominated for a Pushcart by THE DOPE FIEND DAILY in 2022. He lives in Vermont (USA).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beethoven Knocking By Wendy Cartwright

The bows carve through my eardrums flossing wax from grey matter cleaning and preening those hard-to-reach spots that still hold the remnant...