Monday, September 23, 2024

Dial By A. Kahn

 Thirty-three

and drunk

I still remember

the first time

Seventeen 

I called you late at night

and you laughed

your lovely

lovely laugh

always makes me smile

I asked if you

would kiss me again

and

you

said

Yes.


Thirty-three 

and drunk


I want to call 

and ask again

but instead

I pour another glass






A. Kahn (she/her) creates raw, emotional poetry and creative nonfiction, and is currently revising a novel. Her prose has been published in Of Rust and Glass, poetry in ONE ART and San Pedro River Review, and artwork in the horror anthology Café Macabre II. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading, watching movies, or drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What Was She Gonna Do? By Kevin M. Hibshman

School was a drag. Her parents weren't interested in hearing about her  teenage blues. The town she lived in was ruled over by the cruel...