Saturday, July 21, 2018

Playing God In A Bar Bathroom. by Rob Plath



I remember
once in a bar
going into the
flooded john
& while taking
a whiskey piss
grinding
a cigarette
out on the skin
between my
forefinger & thumb
for no good reason
i suppose i was
mimicking god
it was like i had
commanded:
“let there
be a tiny
blister-world
in the palm
of my hand "
& " let it be
filled w/ painful
juice & particles
& let it sting
like a motherfucker"






Rob Plath is a 48-year-old poet from New York. He has published 20 books so far. . He is most known for his collection A BELLYFUL OF ANARCHY (epic rites press). Rob was once a student of Allen Ginsberg for two years.  He lives alone with his cat and stays out of trouble. See more of his work at www.robplath.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...