Monday, August 6, 2018

An Inappropriate, Drunken Conversation with a Debt Collections Agent. By KEVIN RIDGEWAY




she has a nice voice, sounds 
maybe brunette and pretty as 
she tells me I owe a payday 
loan company one hundred 
and fifty dollars.  She threatens 
me with prison and tells me 
they are willing to work 
with me to take care 
of my outstanding bill before 
it is too late and my life 
will be over.  I ask her 
what she is wearing, 
and she says a French 
blouse and pencil skirt 
then asks why?  I tell her 
I have one sock and a 
pair of cargo shorts on, 
that I was the heir to my 
mother's lawsuit money,
which means I can pay
this silly pussy feather bill 
of theirs and we both can 
run away together to an
exotic location far away 
from pay day loan stores
and all the hustlers, 
jerk offs, pimps and
whores.  I'll get to see
her in her lingerie and
make passionate love 
to her until we draw up
a huge hotel bill that 
I cannot pay and yet
another debt collector
will call me, and I'll ask
her what she's wearing.




KEVIN RIDGEWAY lives and writes in Long Beach, CA. A Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net nominee, his work has appeared or is forthcoming in Slipstream, Chiron Review, Nerve Cowboy, San Pedro River Review, The Cape Rock, Spillway, Up the River, Suisun Valley Review, KYSO Flash, Home Planet News, Cultural Weekly, Big Hammer, Misfit Magazineand So it Goes: The Literary Journal of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library. He is the author of six chapbooks of poetry. His latest book, A Ludicrous Split, a collaboration with fellow poet Gabriel Ricard, is now available from Alien Buddha Press.

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. if you looking for commercial collection agency check out dlrcollectionagency.com

    ReplyDelete

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...