Thursday, August 16, 2018

Linger. by Kelli J. Gavin



You caught me looking more than once
So many times to be honest
I stopped looking away
And made a point to meet your gaze
Sometimes I would watch you absentmindedly
Other times I would watch intentionally
No matter the reason my eyes met yours
I sat sideways to get a better view
I wasn’t more physically comfortable
It only enabled my eyes to linger
To watch your mouth as you talked to friends
As you took notes and listened intently
To see you smile when you caught me, again
I wondered if you minded
I wondered why it was so easy to catch your eye
Then realized you were looking at me
You knew my eyes would linger
And yours did too
When you smiled back was the only time
The only time I looked away
The kindness in your eyes was too much
Too much for me
We never talked to each other
Only watched each other
We let our eyes linger





Kelli Gavin lives in Carver, Minnesota with Josh, her husband of an obscene amount of years and they have two crazy kids. She is a Writer, Professional Organizer and owns Home & Life Organization and a small Jewelry Company. She enjoys writing, reading, swimming, and spending time with family and friends. She abhors walks on the beach (sand in places no one wishes sand to be), candle lit dinners, (can’t see) and the idea of cooking two nights in a row (no thank you).
Find Kelli on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @KelliJGavin
Blog found at kellijgavin@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...