Thursday, October 11, 2018

Disaster Movie Survivor. By Kevin Ridgeway



I was rescued
and they died
I am bewildered 
don't understand 
and none of you 
know what it means 
to me as I am lifted
from the shipwreck 
that killed my family 
and just before 
the helicopter arrived 
my girlfriend perished 
and I remained stoic 
and I moved on
until another disaster 
knocks the world over.





KEVIN RIDGEWAY lives and writes in Long Beach, CA. A Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net nominee, his work has appeared or is forthcoming in Slipstream, Chiron Review, Nerve Cowboy, San Pedro River Review, The Cape Rock, Spillway, Up the River, Suisun Valley Review, KYSO Flash, Home Planet News, Cultural Weekly, Big Hammer, Misfit Magazineand So it Goes: The Literary Journal of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library. He is the author of six chapbooks of poetry. His latest book, A Ludicrous Split, a collaboration with fellow poet Gabriel Ricard, is now available from Alien Buddha Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...