Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lust. by Ashley Cooke




She calls me on nights like these
when she does not want to be alone
her messy hair and sensual gaze
she pours her wine and drinks slowly

She lights her cigarette so gently
as if protecting a bird on a perch
the flickering flame burns in her eyes
as she slowly leans close

Her eyes reveal what she wants from me
she blows her smoke gently
leaning forward
as if emerging from the fog

She sips her wine and smiles
I lean in and touch her hand
I know what she wants
but I want so much more

Her black dress is as short as her time with me
as the back of her heels dug into my minds
her scent escapes the sheets
leaving me clawing for more.





Ashley Cooke is a creative writing major attending Long Beach City College. She is from Long Beach, CA. She works at a hospital and at a music venue. She is currently working on her first poetry collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

-The Self-Righteous Sermon- By Nick Wentzel

Jazz guitar spills from the bar on the first room temperature night of the open mic.  Porch lights glow like artificial stars and a shameles...