Friday, October 19, 2018

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. by John Doyle


A Baby GM passes through me like my past came back begging :
3 years since I've seen one poking out this far.
It's a breezy day but my hair holds somehow : I pass a memorial, I thank the girl it's dedicated to and
wonder if she would be a scientist or jazz singer now.
The van with carnies goes past : talking of Sparkle the Wonderdog and fun for all the family,
I do not care - I just text my friends and warm them not to leave any valuables out overnight.
I listen to Smokey Robinson and the Miracles,
I hold my hair - I thank angels - I hear the luminous seashore sirens of Baby GMs nearing me,
searching






 John Doyle became a Mod again in the summer of 2017 to fight off his impending mid-life crisis; whether this has been a success remains to be seen. He has has two collections published to date, A Stirring at Dusk in 2017, and Songs for Boys Called Wendell Gomez in 2018, both on PSKI's Porch. 

He is based in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. All he asks is that you leave your guns at the door and tie up your horses before your enter.

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, this is a Baby GM

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIE_141_Class

    It's not a reference to a GM Baby...

    John.

    ReplyDelete

Misinterpretated By April Ridge

The things heard in a loud bar when the song changes… a lull in the roar of sound, voices that were drowned in the loudness now underlined b...