Monday, October 1, 2018

This Wasn’t Paris. by John Patrick Robbins



She screamed, as always, fed up with my vices, and that I simply didn't indulge her rage once only fueled her more.

"You son of a bitch!  Do you not feel anything?”, she asked.
She was full of shit and mock concern she usually added for good measure.

“Yes, I feel all sorts of things.”, I replied as I lit my cigarette from the candle that had been placed upon the table (I'm guessing) to set the mood, but honestly, I didn't think they had a scented candle called tantrum throwing bitch on the market.

"Yeah?  What do you feel besides the need for another drink?”
"Sweetheart, there is so little you truly seem to know about me.  Now have a drink with me and relax.”

"All you ever want to do is drink or fuck, you lazy bastard!”
"Well...what better thing to do is there than drink or fuck?  You have something against orgasms, I take it?”

"You don't really want me, it's strictly for the sex, you jerk.”

"Well, I enjoy having sex with you.  By the way, your ass looks marvelous in that dress, my dear, any chance I can see you out of it?”, I said as I kicked back the last of my whiskey.

"You're a pig.  You don't need a real woman, you just need a whore.”

"Are they not real women too, sweetheart?”,  I asked laughing as I reached for the decanter to pour myself another drink.

She looked at me in disgust.  "You're a drunk!”

"Yes.", I replied.  “And your point?”

"It's all one big joke with you.  Nothing is serious, you'll never want to clean your act up.  Settle down, give me a kid!"

"Well, I would have a while back, sugar, but they all run so fast I just can't seem to catch one for you.”

"Fuck you !  You ignorant son of a bitch!”, she said, as I let her go into yet another hissy fit.

I flicked my ashes into a wine glass on the table.

“Hey!  What the hell do you think you're doing?”

"Most, I believe most, call it smoking my dear.”

"That's a good wine glass.  What if I had wanted a drink of wine?”

"My dear, do you not know me that well?  Wine is for painters and women or old gay men pretending to be straight.  I drink whiskey.  That is it".

"Yeah, and whatever else happens to be around.”

"Yes indeed, I do.”

She sat at the table, looking to me more as some sort of bad child than her equal.  
"Why the hell do I stay with you"?

"Good question, sweetheart.”, I said as I began to stand.  “You know I have many feelings; in fact, right now I'm going to have to run because of one”.

"Yeah?  What feeling is that?”, she said in mock interest.

"Well, I'm feeling like I have to piss.  Excuse me.”

She said nothing as I left the room.
When I returned she was gone.

So I guess, to my question of seeing her out of that dress?
Well, it was a no.

She was gone, and I simply drank till the night bled into the day.

Some people truly need to find a sense of humor.

She yearned for the love of romance novels, not the reality of its existence.

And she yearned for the nightlife of Paris.

As the candle slowly died I watched the sun creep through the small kitchen window.

Outside the whores yelled at passing cars, and the city breathed life once again.

One thing for sure.
This truly wasn't Paris.









John Patrick Robbins 

Is the editor and chief of the Rye Whiskey Review .
And also the author of A Cold Beer Beats A Warm Heart available on amazon published by Alien Buddha Press.

His publications include .
Horror Sleaze Trash , Blue Pepper , Boned Magazine , Romingos Porch , Ref Fez, The Academy Of Heart And Mind, Ariel Chart , Inbetween Hangovers ,Your One Phone Call, Synchronized Chaos,  Outlaw Poetry Network, Piker Press, Five Two Poetry, A Beautiful Space, Angry Old Man Magazine , Under The Bleachers , 



His work is always unfiltered .


This first appeared at Horror Sleaze Trash .



1 comment:

  1. "Most, I believe most, call it smoking my dear.” I fuckin' love it, brother, reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn! I dig this.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...