Friday, November 9, 2018

Cyclops Eye. by Melanie Browne


While I
sip a margarita
from a plastic cup
with a palm-tree lid,

my son pulls me
into a tourist shop
and finds a
freaky creation,

Homer Simpson's
head on a Godzilla
body with the
entire thing
painted black

we ask how much
and she tells me
sixty dollars
but then he decides
he doesn't
want it

We escape
as fast as
we can,
hearing
her frantic
negotiations
behind us,
the Cozumel
sun blinding
my cyclops eye





Melanie Browne is a poet and fiction writer living in Texas. She has been published in various journals and 
online literary magazines such as Pulp Metal Magazine. She has also been included in several anthologies, 
including Zombies Galore and Everyday poets 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...