Thursday, November 8, 2018

Gigo. by Tony Pena



Fell asleep miles
from the wagon
with all news
all the time blaring
in the background.
The chatter
of the chosen
to deceive
droning along
with pops of underwear
soiling gas to punctuate
my nightmare du jour.

Only one shit
into the grey
Monday morning
and I knew for sure
the day was going to suck.
A ton of jalapeƱo poppers
washed down by a gallon
or so of ale had me
cramping cross legged
on the porcelain throne
doing the daily double
of bloat and burn.

Tylenol and water calmed
my brain but I forgot to buy
some fucking Imodium
on my weekly Walmart
run so I call out sick,
my paycheck too paltry
to put a dent in my debt
anyway, and binge
on Minute rice and bananas
in the hope my belly
recovers in time to find
another hour of happy.



Tony Pena was selected as 2017-2018 Poet Laureate for the city of Beacon, New York.   A new volume of poetry and flash fiction, "Blood and Beats and Rock n Roll," is available now at Amazon.   He also has a self published chapbook, "Opening night in Gehenna."   His publication credits include “Chronogram,”  "Dogzplot,"   "Gutter Eloquence," “Hudson Valley Transmitter,” "Red Fez," "Slipstream,"  "Underground Voices," "Zygote in my Coffee,"  and others.  Colorful compositions and caterwauling with a couple of chords can be seen at: Www.youtube.com/tonypenapoetry Www.facebook.com/tonypenapoetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impossible Standards By Terry Allen

Impossible standards just make life  difficult, she said, above the buzz of Spike’s birthday bash, trying her best  to be attractive, charm...