Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Distilled. by Johann van der walt



I am a bottle laced with gold
Cold smooth glass to the touch
And filled with years of craft
In my company of grandeur
Combinations of my conception
Are only achieved by late nights
Spent in dusty copper cellars
Creating palate poetry
Meticulously revised to perfection
Ready to reach the corners of the world
My song never ends
I am eternal fermented youth
Served by the drop
My taste will never go away
Sit down
Inhale
Unscrew
Pour me out
And hear me shout



Johann van der walt lives in Johannesburg, South Africa and works in the television industry. I have published poems both locally and in international magazines.
I have also published two children’s books - Frankie Learns To Fly and Bhubesi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Orange Sun By Trish Saunders

It rained all day long, the date of that last eclipse   and I didn’t bother to get dressed all day, until the sky turned dark and a faint tr...