Monday, July 22, 2019

WALKING AROUND by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

I walked around
Vegas with a
beer in my hand
while fake Michael
Jackson did the
moonwalk to Beat
It on Fremont
Street. It was just
the right song on
the eve of Punk
Rock Bowling. Do
not ask me why I
said this because
it just seemed so
to me. After
a pair of beers
and another
pair, each song seemed
to be the right
song at the time.






Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health 
field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy,
Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirited Away By Ken Gierke

No wet blanket, it kept her dry. Bottle or can, didn’t matter. Kept her warm. Inside. Where it matters. Until it didn’t let her forget what ...