Wednesday, February 26, 2020

After Dinner. By Mickey J.Corrigan


Let's go for a drive.
Clear the air
let it blow hard
through your hollow skull
the car streaming blackness
a dark bullet
and me
the gun. I will
cock it,
fire again.
Does it hurt you
more than it hurts
me?
Shove that feeling
like a switchblade
in the soft center
of your brain. 

Dig deep.

Drinks
are on me.




















Originally from Boston, Mickey J.Corrigan writes Florida noir with a dark humor. Project XX, a satirical novel about a school shooting, was released in 2017 by Salt Publishing in the UK. Newest release is What I Did for Love, a spoof of Lolita (Bloodhound Books, 2019). Kelsay Books recently published the poetry chapbook the disappearing self. Visit at www.mickeyjcorrigan.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hands that Tremble By Leigh Doughty

‘I’m not an alcoholic,’ he told himself most days. As each day he clung on   with fierce talons to the fact that he never drank until five o...