Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Goodbye forever. By Marc Carver



I walk past the next door neighbour in the park 
but she doesn't really want to talk nobody does anymore.
I get a bit closer to her and ask how she is doing.
She looks very worried as she pushes her young son into the sky on the swing.
We chat for a bit 
and as I walk away her son says goodbye and I say goodbye to him.
Only the next day do I think it is safer to say see you later now 
after all 
goodbye really could mean goodbye forever.




 I do little else but write even when I don't write I am looking at ways and for things to write about so thanks to the world for giving me something to see

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...