Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wait For by Paul Brookes

cloud to rise clear to the head
on your newly pulled pint.
Check his got his glasses, lad.
So he can find his way to the bar.

Lasses laughter cracks a jig a pick,
breaks up roads of reference.

He's chuffing googling it.
Bar's over yon, I say.
I've an empty here.

Lad puts away his phone
as if its the crown jewels.

As tha had to use satnav?"
Says his mate. " I can see bottom
of me glass.

You take a sup of yours.





Paul Brookes is a shop asst. His chapbooks include The Fabulous Invention Of Barnsley, (Dearne Community Arts, 1993). The Headpoke and Firewedding (Alien Buddha Press, 2017), A World Where and She Needs That Edge (Nixes Mate Press, 2017, 2018) The Spermbot Blues (OpPRESS, 2017), Forthcoming Stubborn Sod, (Alien Buddha Press, 2019), As Folk Over Yonder ( Afterworld Books, 2019). He edits The Wombwell Rainbow Interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...