Saturday, June 20, 2020

I Carry My Heart. By Jake St. John


I carry
my heart


fractured
and beating


inside of
my notebook


pieces on
each page


bleeding
in poems







Jake St. John spends nights in a fort on the edge of the woods.  He is the author of several collections of poetry including Snow Moon (Holy & Intoxicated Publications, 2019), Lost City Highway (A Jabber Publication, 2019) and Working Man’s Odyssey (Analog Submission Press, 2018). His poems have appeared in print and online journals around the world.

1 comment:

  1. If you know Jake, this poem says it all....and even if you don't know Jake, this poem says it all. He writes with such feeling....beautiful poem....to be read again and again...

    ReplyDelete

Spirited Away By Ken Gierke

No wet blanket, it kept her dry. Bottle or can, didn’t matter. Kept her warm. Inside. Where it matters. Until it didn’t let her forget what ...