Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Don't Step On My Hangover by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal

Don’t step on my hangover
that lingers on throughout my day.
The air knows it well. At night
the stars will know it too.
This hangover is hanging on for
dear life. This is my day and
if my memory serves me right
you are the cause of it. But if
we are not on the same page,
couldn’t we for once. I will
finally feel the hangover ease
and everything will be all right.
The air knows my hangover.
Don’t throw stones into my story.
The water knows my hangover.
It rained all last night. I do not
want another one of these hangovers.
Throw sticks and stones
at me instead. Drag me out of bed.
Take me out and bury me.



Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy, Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...