Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Heroin By Linnet Phoenix

 

I see it now

blue skies open

I have been admitted

I am an addict


I find you

my personal heroin

a precious,

beautiful thing


A habit formed

I cannot wake without

thoughts drifting


I check my stash

search all the usual

places I hide

among mere words






Linnet Phoenix is a poet who currently resides in North Somerset, England. She has been writing poetry for years. Her work has previously been published in Heroin Love Songs, Punk Noir Magazine, ImpSpired Magazine and others. With poems in the upcoming Spring 2021 edition of Poetica Review. She also enjoys horse-riding in rainstorms.

1 comment:

  1. So, alcohol was the magazine's gateway to hard drugs.

    Good poem.

    ReplyDelete

Bright Orange Sun By Trish Saunders

It rained all day long, the date of that last eclipse   and I didn’t bother to get dressed all day, until the sky turned dark and a faint tr...